Get Maximum Value from Your Home Contents Insurance
There are plenty of problems that can occur to your property as a home owner. The cost of home insurance is a small fraction of what you may have to pay
When taking out home contents insurance it's important to always read the content of any policy first to be sure you fully understand what is covered. There's no point choosing the cheapest option only to discover when you come to claim that many of your treasured belongings were excluded.
Should the day come when you need to make a claim, being organised and following these tips will make your claim process flow much more smoothly:
- Notify your insurance company if you make any renovations or changes to your home.
- If you purchase a particularly fine piece of jewellery or painting or similar, always notify your insurance company.
- Keep a detailed list of your possessions and if possible current valuations.
- Include serial and model numbers where appropriate and attach receipts to the list. Take photos or even make video recordings of each item.
- If you keep a copy of the list, the photos and the video recording in a location away from your home you will still be prepared should your home be substantially damaged.
- Notify your insurance company immediately if there is an incident.
All 1Cover home insurance policies are back by Allianz Insurance Limited. Allianz is the thirds largest insurance provider in the world. You can rest easy with 1Cover home insurance.