Stay Up to Date with Your Home Owner Insurance
To be sure you have adequate home owner insurance it is always important to provide accurate information for the first quotation and then to keep us up to date with any impending or current changes.
When Should You Let Us Know About Changes to Your Home?
At times there may be additional information home owners need to let us know about to be sure the correct level of home owner insurance is in place. These can include:
- Renovations to any part of your home such as the bathroom or kitchen, or the installation of a new kitchen, or adding an extension
- Adding a new shed, a carport or pergola or other major external structure to your home
- Commencing to operate a small business from your home may require new conditions to your policy and you may need to think about including cover for related equipment or any stock you may keep on the premises etcetera
- If you add to or change the security around your home you should also let us know. With increased security you may even be eligible for a discount on your home owner insurance premium
The Benefits of Prestige Home Insurance
When you combine your home and contents insurance you receive a range of benefits that go far beyond the obvious. Naturally you will be covered for damage caused by fire, storm, earthquake, impact, burglary etcetera, but you will also enjoy the protection of:
- Up to 12 months temporary accommodation while your own home is being repaired and made liveable or rebuilt as the result of damage caused by an insured event
- Accidental damage and loss to your possessions, such as cameras and jewellery, anywhere, any time around Australia and New Zealand, and if you have Personal Effects Insurance we will cover your items for up to 35 days anywhere in the world
- New for old replacement on most contents
- Legal liability up to $20million
- Property damage for guests, visitors or domestic helpers for up to $5,000
Keeping us fully informed of any information relevant to your home owner insurance will assist you to have the correct level of cover and you won't be left trying to fund repairs and replacements yourself in cases of theft or damage.