How Will You Know the Best Landlord Insurance Quote?
Before you start comparing for insurance quotes, you will need to sit down and accurately establish the cost of replacing the house or unit, plus the value of replacing items such as blinds and awnings, light fittings, curtains and carpets. When costing the value of the building itself don’t forget to take into account pergolas, fences, paths, carport, sheds, letterbox and the like – they all add up and there’s no point having landlord insurance and paying for it yourself. So what do you look for in a landlord insurance quote?
How to Chose the Best Cover
When comparing quotes you need to have a baseline to be working from. Yes, price is important but even more so is what the policy covers. A cheap policy that covers little and leaves you in debt if your investment home is trashed or burnt down isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, or your valuable time and money. Some of the key areas to look out for include:
- Cost of demolition and removal of debris, architects and engineers fees should you need to rebuild again
- Broad ranging events such as house break-in, burglary or theft, malicious acts and impact, lightning, fusion, storm and rain and water damage, earthquake, tsunami, replacing locks and cylinders if required and much more
- Open air contents and structures such as swimming pools and equipment, ponds, fountains and statues, clothes line, rainwater tanks and solar water heaters, aerials, satellite dishes, built-in barbeques
- Indoor contents such as removable appliances installed for the tenant’s use, carpets, curtains and blinds
- Up to 12 months rent after an insured event such as fire, plus events such as tenant’s rental default.
When calculating your quote we look at aspects such as age and location of the risk address as well as the type of property i.e. a semi or fully detached home, a unit or townhouse. In the event you need to make a claim you should keep written evidence of valuations and conditions as well as photos or videos if possible. 1Cover's claims centre is open 24/7 giving you that peace of mind that you can get in touch with someone no matter the hour. Visit 1Cover today and let us get you a great deal for your landlord insurance.
Don’t forget your landlord insurance may be a tax deductable expense, a consideration you should keep in mind when getting your 1Cover landlord insurance quote.