You shouldn't consider going skiing without the correct travel insurance. The cost of a helicopter rescue within Australia can be as much as $15,000. If you're unfortunate enough to have a helicopter rescue in Canada then those costs will soar to around $40,000 - not the kind of bill you want delivered to your hospital bed.
1Cover Travel Insurance covers recreational and professional skiers with a range of policies to suit the level of ski or snowboarding insurance that you require. All our overseas policies automatically cover you for your medical costs. However 1Cover's Ski Insurance policy has a range of additional covers that are tailored for ski holidays.
Apart from everything that the comprehensive policy covers, Ski Plus (See Appendix 7) also covers:
- Cover for emergency evacuation from the ski slopes to the nearest hospital for treatment.
- Cover for hire of alternative snow skiing equipment following accidental loss, theft or breakage of your snow skiing equipment.
- Cover for the value of any unused ski pass, ski hire or tuition fees following loss or theft of your ski pass or you being unable to ski following accident or illness.
- Cover for travel to an alternative resort or purchase of additional ski passes if you are unable to ski at your pre-booked resort.
- Cover for your out-of-pocket expenses in the event that you cancel your ski holiday due to bad weather or avalanche.
All of our policies are underwritten by Allianz, one of the largest insurance companies in the world. We provide all our customers with Emergency Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you have any questions about our levels of cover or wish to clarify anything that you are unsure about then give one our helpful staff a call on 1300 192 021.
For a full list of what our ski insurance policies cover click here.