1. Information on how to enter the February “The One Thing” promotion (“Promotion”) and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is 1Cover Pty Ltd (ABN 91 105 954 265), an Authorised Representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Ltd ABN 66 125 358 518 AFS License No 472457 located at Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 and 1Cover NZ Ltd, Company No. 1588084, FSP472306 located at level 11, 17 Albert Street, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. This Promotion commences at 00:00 AEST on 07/02/2018 and final entries close at 23:59 AEST on 28/02/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a. Purchase any Eligible Product in the regions of Australia or New Zealand during the Promotional Period. b. An Eligible Product means a 1Cover Travel Insurance policy.
7. i) Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. ii) If an individual instructs cancellation of their 1Cover Travel Insurance policy, their entry will immediately be removed from the competition and they will no longer be eligible to win unless they purchase another Eligible Product.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Product purchased; and a maximum of one (1) prize per region (Australia and New Zealand) per person.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. There will be one (1) draw conducted for each region using the entries received throughout the Promotional Period. Valid entries into the draw will be selected between Promotional Period open and close each day based on Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDST).
12. All draws will take place at Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 Australia at 11:00am AEDST on March 1, 2018. In the event that an invalid or ineligable entrant is drawn, The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
13. Winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the relevant draw, and their names will be published online at www.1Cover.com.au and www.1cover.co.nz.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. For Australia, the first valid entry drawn will win AU $5000 worth of flight vouchers, awarded in the winner’s local currency and via delivery of the vouchers in the winner’s name. For New Zealand, the first valid entry drawn will win NZ$5000, awarded in the winner’s local currency and via delivery of the vouchers in the winner’s name.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or part of a prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that part of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. The delivery of the prize will happen within twenty-eight (28) days of the draw subject to the correct address details being supplied.
18. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. Total prize pool value is up to AU$5000 and NZ$5000.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless specified otherwise.
21. If any prize(s) remain unclaimed within (5) business day of draw, a re-draw for any such prizes will take place on the 6th day after the initial draw at the same place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the unclaimed prize draw and their names will be published online at www.1Cover.com.au and www.1Cover.co.nz.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and continue sentence Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) and its prize suppliers are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
27. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.