Travelling As A Single
Riding solo means you're on the trip that suits you, no compromising, no worries right?
Safety can be a bigger concern when travelling alone, you can be a target for criminals and scams plus you haven't got anyone to watch your back.
Here's a list of tips to help you keep safe when travelling solo:
- Don't draw attention to yourself as being a tourist - don't walk around with a camera in one hand and map in the other.
- Know how much things cost, like the taxi ride to your hotel - don't get ripped off.
- Act confident - this works amazingly, walk with purpose and no one will mess with you.
- Meet people, it's one of the best things about travelling alone, but be careful and keep your guard up.
- Learn the basics of the local language, this way you'll be able to communicate with the locals. might want to consider group tours, that way you'll never be alone.
What's Covered With Comprehensive Insurance?
- Your Belongings. You're most likely to have at least a mobile phone and a laptop to keep you connected, we cover your stuff if it's lost, stolen or damaged.*
- Medical Expenses. Medical claims are the most common and come at the highest cost, we cover unlimited overseas medical expenses.*
- Activities Covered. We cover a multitude of activities, including water rafting, moped riding, bungee jumping and tandem skydiving.*
- Cancellation & Lost Deposits. If you have to cancel your plans due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control.*
*Terms and conditions, limits and exclusions apply. please see PDS for full details.
What's Not Covered?
- Drugs & Alcohol. If you're intoxicated, taking drugs (that haven't been prescribed) and your claim results from these actions, than you're not covered.
- Unsupervised Belongings. Leaving your things laying around is just asking for someone to take them so if you leave anything unattended or unsupervised, we won't cover this.
- Ignoring Official Warnings. If a government or other official body have issued a specific "Do Not Travel" or "Reconsider Your Need to Travel" warning and you go anyway, we won't cover any claim you make relating to this.
- Breaking The Law. For obvious reasons we can't help you out here. Always adhere to local laws.
For a full list of what's not covered please refer to the PDS for details.
Recommended For You
What Travel Insurance Covers
Learn More About What's Covered with 1Cover
Heading off with your partner? You can share a joint policy for your trip.
Roaming around Australia? Check out our domestic travel insurance.
Travel & Health
Keep yourself in the best shape while you travel.
Make sure you are prepared for your next trip.
Europe can be amazing for the solo traveller. Check out our list of what to see and do.
Learn more about safety concerns when travelling to Asia on your own.
Hospital stays and medication can be very expensive when travelling to the states.
More Information About Popular Destinations