Win a set of JULY suitcases worth $1,125! T&Cs apply


Emergency Contacts

No matter where you are in the world, our emergency assistance team is available to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
It is important to note that these numbers are for those who are experiencing an EMERGENCY ONLY. 



Phone From Overseas
(+) 61 2 8776 3010



Call Within Australia
1300 884 508 
(+) 61 2 8776 3010


Contact via Email

[email protected]



International Toll-Free Numbers

In an emergency, we advise that you or a member of your travelling party call one of the emergency assistance numbers below as soon as possible.

The below numbers can also be found on your certificate of insurance which we emailed to you. Your certificate of insurance also has your policy number which will be helpful to have on hand when you call us.

UK: 0808 178 5380

Australia: 1300 884 508

New Zealand: 0800 192 742

Thailand: 1800 011 857 

USA/Canada: 1 855 912 3443

When you call, it is helpful if you are prepared.  Please have your policy number and a phone number that we can call you back on.  Charges may apply if you are calling from a pay phone or mobile phone.  If you're experiencing difficulties with one of the numbers above, call (+) 61 2 8776 3010.


Emergency Claim FAQs

  • What is Considered An Emergency
  • If you suffer an illness or injury that requires emergency transportation, hospitalisation or repatriation and/or is likely to cost more than A$1,000 to treat, you (or someone else on your behalf) should contact us as soon as possible.

    You should contact us if:

    • You or a travelling companion are seriously ill or injured.
    • You are overseas and have a medical bill that you need assistance paying or require a payment guarantee.
    • You are being treated as a hospital outpatient and the total cost of treatment will exceed $1,000.
    • You are receiving medical treatment in the United State of America (regardless of the cost).
    • You have been involved in a motor vehicle accident.
    • You are experiencing a family emergency.
    • You have been robbed or assaulted and need assistance.
    • You are dealing with lost or stolen passports.
    • You feel that you are in a vulnerable position and would like to speak with someone.
  • What Should I Do In An Emergency
  • In an emergency, you should call the relevant local emergency services.  For example, call an ambulance or go to the nearest hospital or medical facility.  In the event of an assault or robbery, call the local police.

    You should contact our emergency services as soon as practicable.  Our team of experienced doctors, nurses, travel consultants and case managers are here for you, 24/7.  Our multilingual experts can liaise with the treating medical facility and assess your case.  If necessary, we’ll arrange to medivac you to a more suitable hospital or repatriate you back home to Australia.

    Throughout the process, we will monitor your condition and (with your permission) keep your family and friends updated.


  • What Should I Do In A Non-Emergency Situation?
  • For any damage, loss or theft of your personal effects or luggage, you should report the incident to a relevant authority within 24 hours (police, hotel, airline, cruise company, tour guide etc) and obtain a copy of the report.

    If you're unwell and your ailments are minor, such as those that only require a GP visit, you may choose to visit a doctor and pay for your visit, then submit a claim at your convenience from overseas or once your return home.

    The same applies if you've incurred hospital or medical costs less than $1,000 and you have NOT received medical treatment in the United States of America.   Provided you no longer require further assistance you can pay and submit your claim.  Preferably within 30 days of your return.

  • Who Should I Contact For Other Enquiries?
  • If you need to make general enquiries, please visit this page.