I’m moving back to Australia - can I take out a policy for my trip home? 

If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has been living overseas, and you plan to return to Australia, we can offer you an Already Overseas policy to cover for your journey home. The cover will end once you return to your home.

Please note:

  • There is no cover under any section of the policy for the first 72 hours from commencing your journey
  • There is a non-removable excess of $250
  • The maximum duration of this policy is 90 days
  • You must still have full access to Medicare and hold a valid Medicare card.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Message Us



All FAQ answers are based on the current effective PDS. If your policy is older than the current PDS, please contact us or refer to your particular policy.

Any information contained on this website is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these having regard to the PDS.