Can you provide an interpreter in an emergency?

Our emergency assistance service may be able to help arrange a translator if needed. 

They may also be able to provide the following services if you injure yourself or become ill overseas: 

  • Arrange access to a medical adviser for emergency medical treatment while you are overseas.
  • Arrange medical transfer if you need to be transported to the nearest overseas hospital for emergency medical treatment, or arrange evacuation if you need to be brought back to Australia with appropriate medical supervision.
  • Liaise with the treating hospital to provide written guarantees of payment (where possible) for reasonable expenses, and to approve medical evacuation if deemed necessary.   
  • Pass on messages to your family or employer in the case of an emergency.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Message Us



All FAQ answers are based on the current effective PDS. If your policy is older than the current PDS, please contact us or refer to your particular policy.

Any information contained on this website is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these having regard to the PDS.