Buy today for your chance to win $1,000 daily dollars! T&Cs apply

Who should be named on the rental car agreement?

Any drivers of the vehicle must be named both on the lease agreement and your 1Cover policy in order for cover for rental vehicle excess to apply.

Our Comprehensive policies offer cover for rental vehicle excess. If your rental car is damaged or stolen whilst in your custody, you would have provision to claim for either the rental car excess or repair quote, whichever is lesser.

Always make sure that you have car insurance with the rental company (the name of the cover may vary, please check directly with your provider). Remember, your 1Cover policy offers cover for the excess you are liable to pay, it does not replace any aspect of car insurance.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Message Us



All FAQ answers are based on the current effective PDS. If your policy is older than the current PDS, please contact us or refer to your particular policy.

Any information contained on this website is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these having regard to the PDS.