Win a set of JULY suitcases worth $1,125! T&Cs apply

What if I'm bitten by an animal?

You should seek medical advice as soon as possible.

In an emergency, we advise that you or a member of your travelling party call our medical assistance team as soon as possible. Our medical team will liaise with the treating hospital, and if you are covered, may provide written guarantees of payment for reasonable expenses (where possible subject to your claim being approved). If you are covered and approved for medical evacuation, they will arrange this, if evacuation is deemed necessary.

For minor ailments, such as those that only require a GP visit, you may attend the doctor, pay for your visit upfront and then submit your claim either from overseas or once you return home.

Make sure that you keep all receipts and reports from your treating doctor, including the diagnosis and treatment notes and any other documents. If your total cost of treatment will exceed $1,000 you MUST contact our medical assistance team as soon as possible.

If, at any stage you are overseas and are uncertain about what to do in relation to an injury or illness, please contact our medical assistance team and they will assist you.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Message Us



All FAQ answers are based on the current effective PDS. If your policy is older than the current PDS, please contact us or refer to your particular policy.

Any information contained on this website is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these having regard to the PDS.